Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration and Junie B. What a Combination...

Well the day started off with my students being completely obsessed with the inauguration. This kind of surprised me. I teach 2nd graders. Usually that means if a situation doesn't directly involve them they are not that interested in it. Well the kids thought it was totally awesome that Pres. Obama used the Lincoln Bible for his swearing in ceremony. Quentin was thrilled because Pres. Lincoln is his favorite president. I feel that some of us present company included take days like these for granted. History was made today and I for one am so glad I was able to witness it with my students. It is so amazing watching major events like this through the eyes of children. Their thirst for knowledge and excitement for the occasion is incredible. There is nothing like. I love my job!!!!!


On a completely separate note:
The town I was living in was sponsoring the play Junie B. the musical. If any of you out there are teachers or parents of school age children then you know who Junie B. is. The musical was very cute and hysterical!!! If you ever get a chance to see it I highly recomment it.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new background!!! That's so awesome about the kids. Hope he's able to prove himself!!

Joyce said...

I really like the new background, too. It's great that kids as young as your students would be excited about this historical event!