Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rain, What Rain?...

One of my favorite sayings is "If you do not like the weather in Arkansas wait around 5 minutes and it will change." This is so true. The local meterologist said we were going to have rain today. It was cloudy when I woke up but no rain. My mom and I went to work in my classroom and it started storming at my school. I live about 25 minutes from my school. My sister called and we had to stop what we were doing and run up to Fayetteville. It was still raining when we left school but when we got back to the house to change it looked like it hadn't even rained a drop. However when we got to Fayetteville it was raining. I live between my school and Fayetteville and it just astonishes me that there was so much rain all around us but not a drop at my house. You've got to love Arkansas weather.

The one great thing about today's weather is that the temperatures dropped drastically. We even got down to the 80's it was wonderful. This really helped out Bargains Galore on 64 which is a huge set up of yard sales that stretches from Van Buren to Conway. The weather was perfect for this today. Bargains Galore starts today and ends on Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Court - is there is a particular reason you didn't tell us you had a blog? I mean, you know how nosey we are! We are excited to read your adventures.

Love,
Cathy & Megan

Joyce said...

Courtney-
I am impressed! Next thing you know I will have one of my own. It looks good and am looking forward to seeing what you are up to. Hope you have a wonderful school year!!
Love ya,
Joyce