Friday, February 6, 2009

Explanations about Chloe...

I stole this picture from Hill's blog because all of my better pictures are at home in my computer. Chloe went in this morning to have 3 blatter stones removed. The doctor called around 1:00 this afternoon and stated that their were 3 complications. 1) She didn't respond well with the anestheia (sp?) which is common with dogs as small as Chloe. 2) When he opened her up to remove the 3 stones he found that her entire blatter was filled with hundreds of little stones. He was able to remove all of the stones. PTL! 3) One of the big stones was wedged in her urethra and caused it to swell so much that he couldn't put a catheter in. He gave her an iv of steriods to help with the swelling and as of 15 min. ago she was still on the iv. The vet was busy when I called but the nurse went back to check on her and she responded to her name. We are now waiting for the swelling to go down to see if their is any permanent damage. They told me to call again at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow for an update.

I will admit I had a huge meltdown after the phone call. She is my child and it is the most horrible feeling in the world to know that someone you care about is really hurting and is all by themself in a strange place. I am better now though because the Lord reminded me of my verse for this week which is As I was with Moses, so I shall be with thee Joshua 3:7. I know he is with Chloe now and can watch over her because I can't. I am tapping into some of that faith I have been learning about this week. I know the Lord will have Chloe's best interest at heart. I will accept the outcome whatever it may be. Please continue to pray for her that she is not suffering any pain. I just really can't bear the thought of her being in a lot of pain.

No comments: