Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Late for Work, Back Pain, Chloe is sick, What a day...




This whole ordeal started Monday. My sunday school class is doing a bible study on Romans. We are using the Max Lucado Life Lessons book. It is amazing. The lesson this week focused on the Faith of Abraham. It is a really great lesson that focuses on having faith. I also received the book Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer it is a wonderful book. It talked about faith and building on that faith. I also randomly pick a bible verse for the week. This week's verse is As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee. Joshua 3:7. Are you catching a pattern? I sure did. I love when the Lord uses different avenues to try to get my attention. Well, I can definitely say that today my faith was tested. I have had a horrible back ache since about 5:00p.m. yesterday afternoon. I have taken advil constantly and it is not getting better. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. This was just the first domino you might say. I was very slow getting around this morning because of my back and I was late for work. Now those of you that know me know I have a little OCD when it comes to time frames. I like to be at work at least 30 minutes before school starts. That did not happen. I was a little flustered by the time when on my way out the door I noticed Chloe had an accident on the kitchen floor and it had blood in it. I knew she hadn't been feeling well lately and what I feared turned out to be true. Chloe has 3 blatter stones. She has had them before but I was shocked that there were so many. She just had one the last time. I have to give a big shout out of thanks to my mom for driving to my house to pick Chloe up and taking her back to her house two hours away and to the vet. She has surgery on Friday morning. The second domino you might say. When I had the Chloe situation figured out and I was on my way out the door my garage door got hung up for a second. Domino number three. I finally got it up. I sat in my car beyond ready to be at school and I started it and nothing happend. I had to turn this situation over to the Lord and tell him to get my car working because I had already had so much going on I didn't have time to worry about my car. I remained calm and pumped my brakes a few times and my car started. God is so Good!!!!!!!!! Fourth domino just fell. I made it to school but was still in a lot of pain. Praise the Lord I had a Watch Dog Dad in my classroom today and he really helped me out with my limitations from my back. However at lunch I found out that someone I went to school with passed away after a long battle with stomach cancer. Here I was having a little pitty party for myself while a family is mourning the loss of a wonderful Christian man. The Lord definitely has ways of putting things in perspective. I have discovered I am a work in progress but I know with the Lord on my side I am going to find what I am looking for. Sorry for the long post. Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I hope you are feeling better soon and that Chloe's surgery goes well on Friday.

Aren't mothers just the best!! God certainly blessed our family with great mothers!

Love ya!